International, national, regional
The whole project represents a milestone in relations between Germany and Denmark. The project offers the region and Germany as a whole a host of opportunities, alongside the intensive joint collaborative work on making an attractive, fixed link on the "Birds' Flight Line" reality.
Increased cultural exchanges between Germany and Denmark
- The Fehmarn Belt Tunnel means that Germany and Denmark will no longer be separated by a sea border.
- This will remove borders in people’s minds and open up perspectives of enhanced cultural exchange and cross-border cooperation in the fields of education, research and the arts.
- The faster link will anchor Eastern Holstein not only in Northern Germany, but also at the centre of the Fehmarn Belt region, between the conurbations of Hamburg and Copenhagen/Malmö.
The key to the creation of a new region
- A new region is springing up between Hamburg and Copenhagen, with a population of around nine million, with a high level of education and first-class research establishments.
- A cross-border labour market can promote the creation of new residential areas, incoming investment and the construction of new commercial developments.
- Better mobility and shorter journey times make commuting more attractive for employees and students.
Wir verwenden Cookies, um Ihnen den bestmöglichen Service zu gewährleisten (Mehr Informationen).
Wenn Sie auf unserer Seite weitersurfen, stimmen Sie bitte der Cookie-Nutzung zu.